Contribute back to the wiki today! Check out the Editor Training Centre here!

Arcane Rift

From Cloudstone
Jump to: navigation, search
ArcaneRift.png

The Arcane Rift, also known as Guild Challenge, (colloquially: Rift and GC respectively) is a competitive and cooperative feature associated with Guilds. To participate, members must be part of a guild and a minimum of level 10.

Contents

[edit] Floors

The Rift consists of levels called "Floors". Each floor has a timer and a goal to slay a certain number of random spawning monsters, with the exception of floors that are a multiple of 10 and Seafood Floors [See 1.2 below]. Each time you complete a floor, you unlock one higher one. You can scroll between all the floors you have ever completed using the white arrows on either side of the screen. As new seasons roll past, you will get to keep your floor progress and continue to build on it.

If you should leave your guild or be kicked from it by the Guildmaster, you will have to restart your floor progress on floor 1. Rejoining the same guild will still reset you back to floor 1.

[edit] Boss Floors

Floors that are a multiple of 10 will spawn two random bosses (including holiday event bosses). You have to defeat both bosses in order to pass these floors. Boss levels will vary slightly from the levels of monsters and may be above or below what you expect.

[edit] Seafood Floors

Floors that are a multiple of 4, plus 3 (4n+3) (e.g., 3,7,11,15,19...) will spawn sea creatures, useful for rifters, because the mobs don't have ranged attacks. These floors spawn more mobs than necessary for completion, and none* are stationary. (You don't lose time searching for them.)

Snails* (bar champions) will stop chasing you if they are hit out of their aggro range.

[edit] Points

Higher leveled floors gradually offer more and more points for defeating the monsters within. Any member of a guild can play, but only the points from the top 10 members will count towards the guild's score. At the start of a new season, the guild score is reset to 0.

[edit] Ancient Pots

Typically scattered around the edges of a map, ancient pots can be destroyed to either restore 10% of your Health (85% chance) or contain a bomb that takes away 25% of your Health (15% chance). Both the heal and the damage are not affected by how much armor or damage reduction you have. Be careful, or stray area of effect skills could get you killed if you are unlucky and get too many damage-inflicting pots! Also, if a minion such as a snowkin from Summon Snowkin Snowldier destroys a pot, it will not affect the player.

[edit] Monsters

Spawning monsters come from all parts of Terus. Monster levels increase as the floor number increases, but is capped at level 70.

Monsters spawn in waves, rather than with a delay, thus they may spawn as Champions, although they will not drop any Spirit Shards. (The Spirit Shards awarded upon successful completion of a floor have no correlation to the number of champions killed.) In addition, all champions in the Rift spawn as a single stand-alone monster, rather than the usual group of three encountered in regular zones. There is neither the horn nor visual indicator for champions that spawn in the Rift.

[edit] Blessings and Curses

At the start of every floor, you are randomly assigned 3 blesses and/or curses. Blesses will increase your stats and have a positive effect overall, while curses can decrease your chances of beating a floor. Both blesses and curses stack additively. Since most blesses/curses are percentile increase, they will also stack additively with other percentile increases such as guild perks, set bonuses and equipment offering a percentile increase. For example, if you obtain a bless that increases your move speed by 25%, but also receive a curse that subtracts 50% of your move speed, your overall speed will be reduced by 25%, so you are moving at 75% of your regular speed.

All the curses/blesses have been grouped into their stacking categories

[edit] Movement Speed

The speed at which your character moves can be affected, and will stack with other equipment, skills or items that increase the stat. Most notably, the Moonwalk curse is roughly equivalent to a -200% Move Speed debuff (which would be moving at -100% speed). That means if you get a 25% speed increase, you will actually be moving at -75% speed, which is to say, a slower backward walk! On the other hand, if you get an additional 25% speed decrease, you'll be moving at -125% move speed, which is a faster backward walk.

Image Name Description Type Affected Stats
SpeedDebuffIcon.png Sticky Ground Your speed is reduced by 25% Curse Move Speed
SpeedDebuffIcon.png Sticky Ground Your speed is reduced by 50% Curse Move Speed
SpeedDebuffIcon.png Moonwalk You moonwalk everywhere. Curse Move Speed
SpeedBuffIcon.png Slippery Ground Your speed is increased by 25% Bless Move Speed
SpeedBuffIcon.png Slippery Ground Your speed is increased by 50% Bless Move Speed

[edit] Armor

All armor blesses and curses affect your armor rating. The armor rating number is then subjected to a curve to determine how much actual damage reduction you have. In the case where you get more than 100% armor subtracted from you due to stacking of armor curses, your inventory will display a non-zero positive damage reduction, which is a visual glitch. You are actually being dealt more damage than usual with each hit you take!

Image Name Description Type Affected Stats
ArmorDebuffIcon3.png Ultra Rust Your armor is reduced by 100% Curse Armor
ArmorDebuffIcon2.png Rusty Air Your armor is reduced by 75% Curse Armor
ArmorDebuffIcon2.png Rusty Air Your armor is reduced by 50% Curse Armor
ArmorBuffIcon.png Die Hard Your armor is increased by 80% Bless Armor
ArmorBuffIcon.png Meat Shield Your armor is increased by 50% Bless Armor

[edit] Class Stats

The class stats Fury, Sorcery and Discipline can all be affected by blesses and curses. Since all of them can stack, you can receive as much as a 90% reduction, or as much as a 90% increase in a single stat. Only skill-based damage is affected by this type of bless and curse.

Image Name Description Type Affected Stats
StatDebuffIcon.png Arcane Curse Your main stats are reduced by 15% Curse Fury, Sorcery and Discipline
StatDebuffIcon.png Arcane Curse Your main stats are reduced by 25% Curse Fury, Sorcery and Discipline
StatBuffIcon.png Arcane Blessing Your main stats are increased by 15% Bless Fury, Sorcery and Discipline
StatBuffIcon.png Arcane Blessing Your main stats are increased by 25% Bless Fury, Sorcery and Discipline
StatDebuffIcon2.png Chaos Word Your discipline is reduced by 50% Curse Discipline
StatDebuffIcon2.png Calm Air Your fury is reduced by 50% Curse Fury
StatDebuffIcon2.png Arcane Dampening Your sorcery is reduced by 50% Curse Sorcery
SorceryBuffIcon.png Arcane Enhancer Your sorcery is increased by 50% Bless Sorcery
DisciplineBuffIcon.png Free Yoga Your discipline is increased by 50% Bless Discipline
DisciplineBuffIcon.png Anger Issues Your fury is increased by 50% Bless Fury

[edit] Weapon Damage

This type of bless and curse only affects the max damage dealt by your weapon. Skill-based damage is not affected.

In the case of the weapon debuff, it's possible that the upper end of your damage will actually be less than your minimum damage, which basically results in your min and max damage flipping roles.

Image Name Description Type Affected Stats
WeaponDebuffIcon.png Enfeeble Your regular attack damage is reduced by 50% Curse Weapon damage
WeaponBuffIcon.png Vitamin Z Your regular attack damage increased by 50%. Bless Weapon damage

[edit] Power Regeneration

You normally gain 5 power per normal attack. The blesses and curses for this type will either add or subtract from this 5 power. For example, with a "gain 2 less power per attack" curse, you will gain 3 power per normal weapon hit instead of the regular 5 power. Skill-based power regeneration or consumption is not affected by any of these blesses or curses.

Image Name Description Type Affected Stats
PowerDebuffIcon.png Power Dampening You gain 2 less power per attack. Curse Power
PowerDebuffIcon.png Power Dampening You gain 3 less power per attack. Curse Power
PowerBuffIcon.png P-p-p-power! You gain 10 more power per attack. Bless Power

[edit] Prizes

[edit] Completion Rewards

Upon completing a floor, you have a chance of receiving some Piles of Gold, Jelly Juices and Spirit Shards.

Prize Chance Resell
GoldPile.pngPile of Gold 75% 100 gold
LargeGoldPile.pngLarge Pile of Gold 20% 500 gold
HugeGoldPile.pngHuge Pile of Gold 4% 1,000 gold
GiganticGoldPile.pngGigantic Pile of Gold 1% 10,000 gold

[edit] Season Rewards

Main article: Crate-ception

Prizes are awarded at the end of a season to the top 10 guilds. Every member of the winning guild, regardless of whether they participated in that particular season or not, will receive a crate at the end of the season, from which they can select their own prize. You are always guaranteed a chance to get a crate, but if you are lucky, you may receive a crate from a higher placement.

[edit] See also

Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Explore
Inventory
Information
Toolbox